Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is someone using email client for Gmail
Register or login to view the content
Username:
Password:
Please note that passwords are case sensitive.
(Lost your password?)

Thanks given by:
Yes, I am using it for Gmail on outlook 2010. Smile Shoot the question Confusedtar::loco:
Do not PM me for help. Just open a thread at the forum or use the search function.
(Copied from Evil Mod Smile )
Thanks given by:
Avinash Wrote:Yes, I am using it for Gmail on outlook 2010. Smile Shoot the question Confusedtar::loco:

I knew u'll show up only when i post a question..lol

Ok, i configured Outlook for gmail and downloaded all emails to pst.
Then i refreshed laptop, backing up my pst file.

Now when i configure gmail in outlook, and replace the created pst file with the one I had from last time, it is kind of ignoring the old pst file, and keeps creating new one as email@gmail.com(2), email@gmail.com(3) and so on.

Is there a way i could reuse old pst file, without having to download all emails of 3gb size?

Thanks, Grr
Thanks given by:
Waiting for a response from Avi.
Thanks given by:
Sorry for being late in replying.

As far as I know, its possible to do. But I need to recreate it on my own outlook to answer it perfectly.

btw, when you replace the pst file? after configuring all the emails or before that.

Hopefully I will be answering you tonight.
Do not PM me for help. Just open a thread at the forum or use the search function.
Thanks given by:
ok, np

I configured gmail again, and once the connection was established & confirmed, I closed outlook. Then i replaced the pst file.
Thanks given by:
Grr Wrote:ok, np

I configured gmail again, and once the connection was established & confirmed, I closed outlook. Then i replaced the pst file.

Just use a setting inside Gmail to "Enable POP for mail that arrives from now on" and it will download only the new mails.
Thanks given by:
I have IMAP configured.

POP has a different concept as it wouldn't reflect the changes.
Thanks given by:
Grr Wrote:I have IMAP configured.

POP has a different concept as it wouldn't reflect the changes.

Perhaps thats y its not working for you.

Whole concept of IMAP is different and it will always try to sync everything back to server. Why not use POP?
Thanks given by:
POP will not sync read mails.

If i read an email on gmail, it will still show as unread in outlook, and vice-versa.

So went for IMAP
Thanks given by: