Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TeraCopy vs FastCopy vs Windows
Register or login to view the content
Username:
Password:
Please note that passwords are case sensitive.
(Lost your password?)

Thanks given by:
seems like they made a mixup either in the graph or text regarding Teracopy and Windows moving the single file. Regardless, it looks like FastCopy is much better than either. i've been using teracopy for a while, and i really like how well it integrates with windows, but i will definitely have to give fastcopy a try and see if the speed gains outweigh the ease of integration issue. Thanks for sending along this information!
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the info sir.I have used Tera copy before but after seeing the results must try Fast copy.:wave:;DD:
Thanks given by:
Im using the Pro version of TeraCopy, works great
Thanks given by:
currently using pro here myself for Teracopy.. must say..noticed it went up from 16mbs or so from the free one to nearly 30mbs or so.... didn't pay attention if that was a feature of upgrading to pro..but must say it appears faster.. also wondering if above tests were used with free version as well.. if so.. then if using pro, would take a guess that the numbers would be differently drastically..
Thanks given by:
Which version of Windows was this tested on? I know Tera Copy has horrible performance on Win7. Seems the developers of TC aren't too keen to update their software anymore.... 2.2 has been in beta 3 status for about 4 months now.
Thanks given by:
FastCopy's GUI is not too good, IMHO. It is as if it were not meant for newer generation of Windows.
Thanks given by:
Fast Copy 2.06 vs Tera Copy Pro 2.2 beta3 vs Win7 (64-bit) vs Directory Opus 9.5.5 (64-bit)

Environment: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Copying to a different Hard Drive
Small files count: 14065 (size of 12 Gigs in total)
Medium files: Several files ranging from 350MB - 700MB per file (total size 8 Gigs)
Large files: Several files ranging from 3Gigs to 8 Gigs per file (total size 31 Gigs)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Windows 7 Ultimate (64-bit)
5 min 45 sec - Small files (12 Gigs)
2 min 7 sec - Medium files (8 Gigs)
8 min 3 sec - Large files (31 Gigs)

FastCopy 2.06
4 min 20 sec - Small files (12 Gigs)
2 min 3 sec - Medium files (8 Gigs)
8 min 2 sec - Large files (31 Gigs)

TeraCopy Pro 2.2 Beta 3
7 min - Small files (12 Gigs)
2 min 40 sec - Medium files (8 Gigs)
10 min 29 sec - Large files (31 Gigs)

Directory Opus 9.5.5 (64-bit)
6 min 31 sec - Small files (12 Gigs)
2 min 9 sec - Medium files (8 Gigs)
8 min 22 sec - Large files (31 Gigs)

Conclusion:
TeraCopy: Can’t match Win7 copying speed. It's only usefulness now is its extra features. Pity, because it was very good on XP.
Windows 7: Very good copying speeds, but suffers when copying lots of small files.
FastCopy: Wins in every category!! Not as pretty as the others, but it gets the job done the fastest and has lots of extra features.
Directory Opus: Can’t match Win7 copying.
Thanks given by:
Still using TeraCopy 2.12 with WinXP

Never gave a problem, always handy while transferring large files, no need to baby-sit the PC thru the entire transfer process

Start the transfer process and let TeraCopy do its thing, any file that cant be copied is shown in the dropdown menu

Life would be hard without this piece of great software
Thanks given by:
Raghav Wrote:Still using TeraCopy 2.12 with WinXP

Never gave a problem, always handy while transferring large files, no need to baby-sit the PC thru the entire transfer process

Start the transfer process and let TeraCopy do its thing, any file that cant be copied is shown in the dropdown menu

Life would be hard without this piece of great software

Same here. Been using Tera copy for a long time on XP :dance:
Contributing Editor at http://www.androidpure.com/
Thanks given by: